Friday, September 21, 2012

Finding joy in special moments

This weekend is a weekend we have been looking forward to for a couple of months.  We have been working hard to have a retreat for our YoungLIVES mamas and their babies and it is finally coming to pass this Saturday and Sunday.  I am so excited to spend time with the mamas and their babies, as well as just have some one on one time with baby V (since the other kids will be at home with daddy).   Pray that all goes according to the Lord's will and that a good time is had by all.

I have not done any knitting- none.  I have been tired after cooking and cleaning and taking care of the children.  I am hoping to get my knitting groove back soon because I have a special gift I need to make for a special friend that I have not even cast on yet.

Have I mentioned that my sister got engaged?  I was so excited when I found out that I literally cried in the Fred Meyer grocery store!  I wish for her exactly what I have been blessed with- a great husband, children, health and happiness.  I am soo excited but nervous at the same time.  I am supposed to be the Matron of Honor and I have so much post partum weight to lose!!!  I am a little bit nervous about all of the responsibilites that go along with this role but I am honored and excited to be such an important part of this rite of passage.  I hope her husband-to-be realizes what an amazing treasure he has in my sister.  She is everything that any man in his right mind would want- smart, gorgeous, loving, giving, honest, loyal, funny, responsible, and has the best sister in the entire world!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment