Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finding joy in just being

If there is one thing I am good at it is being BUSY!  I can put Superwoman to shame with all that I can accomplish in one day's time and I take pride in being able to accomplish everything at home AND still work part-time.

Unfortunately, as time goes on I realize that there is so much more to be said about just being still and being quiet.  This is something I am not good at but nursing V is forcing me to just sit down and enjoy the moment.  I have decided that I want more of that- time to reflect, prayer, meditate and just simply BE.  Time to listen to his coos, my other childrens' stories, how my husband's day was at work and listen to God's heart and what He wants me to know.  It is very hard to be fully present with my family and with my Lord when I am always so busy.  Pride swallowed, I repent and lesson learned but it will be a process.

Now, the baby is fussing and it is time to nurse.  I will grab my cup of tea and practice just being present with my baby, my 4 year old and my Lord.

1 comment: