Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finding joy in pregnancy and Easter Vigil

There has been so much going on that I really have not had time to sit down and blog. I am hoping to be able to get more accomplished with this blog but meanwhile I thought I would update about what has been going on in our life.

Easter Vigil was absolutely amazing. It was such a great moment and I was so blessed that all my children were present to share it with my husband and me. One of my closest friends also brought her kids (that I love like my own) and took pictures for us, along with my oldest. The pictures will come when I upload them onto the computer. We got confirmed together and had First Communion. It was wonderful.

Before Easter Vigil, my husband and I had our marriage blessed by the Church on April 4th. It was a very small ceremony- 2 of our children, a cousin and my mom. Fr. Bloom was wonderful and it was a special moment to renew our vows after being married for 8 1/2 years together 9 1/2.

After the ceremony my middle son had First Reconciliation and when he came out of the confessional a few minutes later, he was elated. He proclaimed that his soul felt "soo light" and he felt "sooo alive" and he wanted to know if he could come back to confess the next day. Maybe we have an upcoming priest on our hands.

As far as the pregnancy goes, I am 23 weeks 5 days today. I have had a fairly uneventful pregnancy and we are so blessed to be adding another boy to our family. The responses about having another boy(as opposed to a girl) have been mixed but my family is excited and that is what matters most. My 4 year old is obsessed with my belly and kisses and hugs it all of them time. He is very sweet spirited and cannot wait for his brother to be born. The oldest is getting more used to the idea but half the time I think his friends are more excited for a newborn in the bunch than he is.

I have been knitting like crazy for baby V. I am almost done with a little cabled vest and I already have a matching hat. I LOVE matching hats! I also have done a sweater with another matching hat, longies with a matching hat and had a set done in a trade with another mama. I love hand knits and after our youngest wore them almost exclusively even my husband likes them. I have been preparing and we do not need very many more things. We have been blessed with lots of hand-me-downs, a carseat and stroller from my mom, and I bought some things that looked new off of Craigslist. I am saving to make sure I have enough for the placenta encapsulation and maternity leave since this was quite a surprise for us!

I have also started practicing Hypnobabies and intend to have a natural labor and birth with just my husband in the room and my friend who will be acting as my doula. (She is a fellow L&D RN and was my nurse with my youngest, then my preceptor and now a dear friend). If I am going natural I cannot have the whole party going on like I have with all of my other childbirths. I would not be able to focus!

I think this is it for now- I will try and update more often as time allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment