Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things l love today


During this whole month of November I have been writing thankful posts on Facebook. Since we are at the last day of November I thought I would recap some of my favorite things that I am thankful for:

~my health (I was very sick the entire month of April and never want to take my health for granted again).
~my family (my husband, the kids, my parents, my sisters- both bio and chosen)
~my friends
~having employment
~ability to go on a month long vacation with my husband and all of the kids (this was no small feat!)
~my new-found love for the Catholic faith that has made my relationship with Jesus so much more rich than it was
~knitting- I haven't had much time for this, but I LOVE knitting and I love organic yarns, nice knitting needles. I am so proud of myself that I have rarely purchased extra skeins and have even been blessing others with fancy yarn instead of feeding this addiction.
~Good books: some of my favorites right now are The Divine Hours and the Book of Common Prayer for Common Radicals (I think I got that name right). I am so thankful for reconnecting with Erin (and old friend from a forum years ago) who introduced me to these books. They are so enriching and I love the sacred tradition of praying at specific hours.





~Pinterest. There are so many projects and ideas on that website. It makes my heart happy, especially considering that I have actually MADE some of them!!
~New lipstick, new highlights and a new haircut. They just feel good!

What are you thankful for this year? Anything you hope to change next year? I am sure come January I will be posting resolutions as I have done in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment